All ATMs must comply with the
- Be securely bolted in place at the business location;
- Must display all necessary network stickers in full view on or
near the ATM;
- Must display a Carroll Companies ATM sticker and contact
information in full view;
- Must identify the sponsoring bank and its telephone number;
- Identify in full view on the ATM any and all surcharge fees, as
well as have surcharge fee option programmed into the CPU before a customer can
continue with a transaction;
- November 1, 2006 All ATM merchants & ATM
Distributors must have background checks completed.
- December 31, 2006 All ATMs must be 3DES & EPP
- May 15, 2012 All ATMs must be ADA Compliant.
Federal and State Law Enforcement studies have shown that
organized ATM thieves need only a few minutes to break into a store and leave
with the ATM, causing much additional damage along the way regardless of how
much cash is in the machine. However, these studies have also shown that ATM
thieves look for soft targets.
Taking the following steps
with your ATM Merchants will go a long way to help prevent ATM crimes such as
theft, burglary, and other related property damage at their place of
- Locking all doors at their stores after hours, not just the
exterior security gates;
- Having a light on after hours either over the ATM and/or having
a motion sensor that activates a light source near the ATM;
- Securely bolting the ATM through the floor and/or the wall into
- Consider emptying the ATM cash each night and leaving safe
doors open for peering eyes to see;
Loud security alarms activated upon a
breach of the premises.
If you have any questions or need further
information about any of the above, please contact your Carroll Companies ATM